Permanent residence for Ukrainian nationals with family members in Canada
The Canadian government has put a temporary public policy in place to help families affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine reunite in Canada.
This policy lets certain Ukrainian foreign nationals in Canada and their family members apply for permanent residence.
- Family members can live in or outside Canada
- Permanent resident visas will be issued to family members living outside of Canada.
If you meet the eligibility criteria of the public policy, you can apply for permanent residence.
Once we receive your application, we’ll check that:
- you submitted all required information
- you meet the eligibility criteria
If we confirm you’re eligible, we’ll:
- invite you and your family members to complete
- medical exams, if required
- criminal and security checks
- biometrics, if required
- tell you our decision once we’ve processed your application
See more here: Permanent residence for Ukrainian nationals with family members in Canada – Canada.ca