St. Vladimir Institute (SVI) is a student residence and a Ukrainian Canadian community cultural centre in the heart of downtown Toronto, located at 620 Spadina Ave., in close proximity to many of Canada’s cultural and educational institutions. SVI is home to several in-house organizations as well as a library, museum, theatre, and event space.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of St. Vladimir Institute, the Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations including all financial and administrative matters, program development and execution, fundraising, supporting the Board of Directors, implementing the Strategic Plan, and ensuring financial viability of the organization.
The Executive Director is a challenging role offering a unique and exciting opportunity for an accomplished professional in the not-for-profit space to help drive the organization further forward.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
• Work with the Board to develop and implement SVI’s Strategic Plan and annual business plans that align with the strategic objectives.
• Provide Profit and Loss oversight for all lines of revenue.
• Manage the administration, facility, revenue generating programs (parking, facility rentals, ten-ants), and student residence.
• Provide support to the Board and its Committees.
• Create and manage an ongoing fundraising program.
• Oversee all marketing and communication activities.
• Manage, coach, and mentor staff.
• Establish and maintain constructive relationships with key organizations in the broader Ukrainian Canadian and local communities.
• Bilingual –Excellent written, spoken, and presentational English, including an understanding of business terminology. Fluency in Ukrainian.
• Proven success in the not-for-profit sector including working with Boards of Directors.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff members, volunteers, Board members, external partners, and tenants.
• Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising experience.
• Proven success in preparing and managing annual operating budgets.
• Experience in leading and managing teams.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is June 4, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.